Staring at the computer or restless nights of sleep can make your under eyes a bit weary. And may you look tired, puffy eyes and you may feel sad. Puffiness and dark circles can be the signs of stress and exhaustion.
Tired puffy eyes don’t feel great and that can drag your spirit down. So if you want to banish those puffy eyes, then check out this full article and find out the natural and organic eye masks. Let’s find out.
What Causes Puffy Eyes?
As we age the tissues and some of the muscles that support your weakened eyelids. The natural fat in your eyes that supports moving the eyes into your lower eyelids causes the lids to appear puffy. Also, the fluids get accumulated in the space below your eyes and that may lead to swelling. Some of the major causes of s for puffiness of eyes include:
- Poor sleep
- Allergies or dermatitis.
- Fluid retention.
- Crying for longer periods of time.
If you want a natural formula to protect your eye health, then choose ReVision Supplement.
Check out the updated ReVision Reviews to know more about it, before you order.
DIY Eye Mask Recipes to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
Here is a list of natural eye mask recipes that have a soothing effect on the eyes and help you get rid of puffy eyes. Let’s check out.
Essential Oils Under-Eye Mask
- Take half ounce Rosehip seed oil, 10 drops lavender oil, ½ ounce pure aloe vera gel and 4 drops lemon essential oil.
- Combine all the above ingredients and add them to a glass spray bottle.
- Cleanse your face and remove all the makeup before going to bed.
- Close your eyes and spray the solution onto your face, now gently massage the solution around and under your eyes.
- Sleep with your head supported by pillows and allow it to dry.
- Rich antioxidants of lemon oil relieve stress.
- Lavender oil has a soothing and calming effect that helps on the nerves and skin of your eyes.
- Rosehip oil is rich in vitamins C, D, and E and beta carotene and they also protect your skin and increases cell turnover.
Cucumber Milk Face Mask
- Take one small cucumber and one tablespoon of milk.
- Add the cucumber and the milk to a blender to form a thick paste.
- Chill the mask in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Now apply the mask onto your face, and give a gentle massage under your eyes.
- Keep it for 30 minutes and wash off the mask with lukewarm water.
- The antioxidants and flavonoids of cucumber help to reduce redness, swelling, and irritation. And the combination of caffeic acid and vitamin C included in cucumber helps soothe your skin and reduce puffiness.
- The cooling effect of milk helps to reduce, stress levels and the lauric acid and nutrients present in milk calm your swollen eyes.
- The astringent properties of milk help reduce puffiness and brighten skin. Also, the milk reduces water retention around the eyes.
Strawberries Rosewater Face Mask
- Take 3 tsp rose water and 2-3 strawberries.
- Add strawberries and rosewater to the blender and blend them well to make a fine paste.
- Chill the mask in the fridge for about 15 minutes and then apply to your face.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash in freshwater.
- Rosewater is a natural astringent with anti-inflammatory property and also it contains vitamins C and A as well as flavonoids.
- Rosewater refreshes and rejuvenates the eyes and it keeps fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- The alpha-hydroxy acids property of strawberry reduces swelling and dark circles while smoothening out your skin.
Ground Coffee Face Mask
- For this mask, all you need is ½ tsp ground coffee beans, 1 teaspoon coconut oil, a pinch of black pepper powder, and a face wipe.
- Mix all the above ingredients and apply them under your eyes. Be careful not to get any of the ingredients into your eyes.
- Leave these masks on your face for 0 to 20 minutes, and gently wipe away with a face wipe.
- According to Revision,The presence of caffeine in coffee beans tightens the skin under your eyes.
- It acts as a vasoconstrictor that deflates blood vessels and reduces swelling, redness, and puffiness.
- The coffee bean is known as a diuretic that draws water from your skin to shrink cell size for a tightened appearance.
- The black pepper powder enhances blood circulation.
Coconut Oil and Carrot Face Mask
- You need 2 tsp Extra virgin coconut oil and 1 carrot.
- Chop the carrots into five chunks and boil the carrot for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and coconut oil to a blender and blend them well to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your under-eye area gently with circular motions.
- Leave the mask for ten to 15 minutes and wash it off in lukewarm water.
- Repeat this once a day for a better result.
- Coconut oil prevents dryness and wrinkling around your eyes.
- The antioxidants and Vitamin E in coconut oil heal and repair damaged skin cells.
- Carrots provide nourishment to your delicate under-eye skin and strengthen the eye muscles.
- Also, it helps to tone and clarify your skin.
General Tips To Reduce Puffy Eyes
- Avoid alcohol intake.
- Reduce salt intake.
- Drink more water.
- Get enough sleep
- Sleep with pillows under your head.
- Eat more potassium.
- Treat allergies.
Puffiness is harmful, so you should be careful if the swelling is severe and affects other parts of your body. Above mentioned masks not only reduce your eye bags but also enhances your facial beauty.