BioForward Wisconsin’s 2022 Board Positioned to Make Great Impact on Wisconsin Biohealth Industry and to the Biohealth Innovation Territory
BioForward Wisconsin, the collective voice of Wisconsin’s robust and comprehensive biohealth cluster, representing more than 220 member organizations, is thrilled to announce the election of a new board member, and a newly elected executive committee, effective January 1, 2022.
The Wisconsin biohealth region has a uniquely diverse wealth of sectors served by the association, including research institutions, biotech and biopharma, digital health, healthcare systems, medical device, and diagnostics. Accordingly, BioForward strives to have a representative slate of industry/regional leaders on the board to reflect the broad range of needs and the depth and breadth of the biohealth ecosystem.
“As we add new sectors, different perspectives and representatives from companies with different sizes and locations through board roles, we better position the industry for growth and promote the industry and region. In addition, we can find new ways to market and strengthen the biohealth community, facilitate collaboration, and accelerate innovation,” says CEO Lisa Johnson.
BioForward welcomes the election of one new leader from an emerging growth company to serve on the board of directors:
This year also marks a transition for the Board Executive Committee. The new Executive Committee includes:
- Board Chair Lisa Biegel, VP, Global Lead, Safety Assessment Study Direction, Global Reporting Solutions, and Global Data Management Solutions, Labcorp
- Board Treasurer Jon Denissen, Senior Vice President, PPD
- Board Secretary, Garrett Peterson, Principal/Chief Strategy Officer, Yahara Software
- Past Chair Jay Hill, CTO, MICT, and GM of HW Platforms, GE Healthcare
They will be joining:
- Graham Brearley, Head of Strategic Projects, Drug Substance Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Joshua Carson, Venture Associate, Wisconsin Alumni Research Association
- Nina Garlie, Vice President Clinical Trials Research, Advocate Aurora Health
- Haiying Grunenwald, Director, Scientific Research, Illumina
- Cecilia Hillard, Associate Dean for Research, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Edward Ladwig, GM & VP of Chemistry Operations, Eurofins
- Tom Lynch, VP Client Services, Aldevron
- Mark Millar, Director and Business Head, Sterling Pharma
- Richard Moss, Senior Associate Dean, Basic Research, Biotechnology, and Graduate Studies, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Nicolas Paris, CEO, Gilson
- Brad Pietz, Executive VP and Chief Laboratory Officer, Versiti
- Brad Schwartz, CEO, Morgridge Institute for Research
- Tammy Turek-Etienne, VP of Operations, Exact Sciences
“With the addition of an emerging growth company, with corporate offices in Janesville, WI, we expand to represent the full scope of the Wisconsin biohealth industry, and we enter 2022 with a strong plan in place for continuing to strengthen the biohealth industry and greater Biohealth Innovation Territory,” stated Board President Lisa Biegel.
BioForward is thankful for all our board members’ commitment, especially our departing member, who has played a prominent role in forming the organization we are today. Thank you to Janet White, Independent Business Consultant, formerly Director Strategic Portfolio Management, Promega.
To learn more about the entire board of directors, go here.
BioForward Wisconsin is the collective voice of Wisconsin’s robust and comprehensive biohealth cluster, representing more than 220 member organizations across an integrated network of health solution leaders, including research institutions, biotech and biopharma, digital health, healthcare systems, and medical device, and diagnostics. It is an action-oriented association that focuses on initiatives to strengthen the state’s talent pipeline; collaborations to develop supply chain partnerships; educational and networking events to enhance professional development; and legislative advocacy to highlight the economic and social impact of the biohealth industry on the state, nation, and world. Learn more about BioForward Wisconsin at www.bioforward.org.