The global counter-drones market size reached $1.24 billion in 2022, according to a new report by GlobalData Plc. The growing adoption of counter-drones will be supported by the increasing use of commercial drones for criminal activities and the wider adoption of drones in major countries.
Global Counter-drones Market by Technology, 2022 (%)
Read our free sample report for counter-drones market forecasts
Counter-drones Market FAQs
- What was the counter-drones market size in 2022?
The counter-drones market size valued at $1.24 billion in 2022.
- What will be the counter-drones market CAGR during 2023-2026?
The counter-drones market will grow at a CAGR of 19.3% during 2023-2026.
- Which are the leading counter-drones market players?
Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd., Dedrone Inc, D-Fend Solutions AD Ltd, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Raytheon Technologies Corp., Leonardo SpA, Lockheed Martin Corp., Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd, CACI International Inc, and Northrop Grumman Corp. are some of the leading counter-drones market players.
- Which region accounted for the highest counter-drones market share in 2022?
North America grabbed the largest counter-drones market share in 2022.
- What are the key segments in counter-drones market?
The counter-drones market is segmented based on technology, application, end-user, platform, and regions.
For more queries on the counter-drones market, request for a free sample report
Counter-drones Market Dynamics
Counter-drone technology, also known as counter-UAS, C-UAS, anti-drone, or counter-UAV technology, refers to systems that are used to detect and/or disable unmanned aircraft. As concerns mount around the potential security threats that drones may pose to civilian and military entities, a new market for counter-drone technology is rapidly emerging.
The market faces significant challenges from interdiction hazards and privacy concerns which are expected to impact growth over the forecast period. Some interdiction techniques might be dangerous if deployed in populated areas. Drones intercepted by kinetic means can crash with considerable force. Further, net-based systems equipped with a parachute involves a risk if the parachute fails to deploy correctly or if the interdiction occurs at a low altitude. Counter-drone systems are a form of surveillance technology and pose a risk to privacy if misused or if the data they collect is mismanaged.
Learn about the counter-drones market dynamics by viewing report sample right here!
Counter-drones Market Report Highlights
- The global counter-drones market is projected to witness a CAGR of 19.3% from 2023 to 2026. A significant increase in demand for counter-drones is due to the commercialization of drones, increasing defense spending on procurement and R&D of counter-drones by major countries, and rising geopolitical tensions across the world.
- In 2022, the radar segment captured a significant share with a market size projected to exceed $600 million by 2026 at a CAGR of more than 17% from 2023 to 2026.
- Detection & tracking is expected to be the highest application category for the counter-drones market.
- The civilian market represents a significant opportunity for producers given the ready availability of commercial UAVs and security breaches in major countries. As such, potential customers for C-UAS systems include, but are not limited to, the defense sector, national governments, private security, stadiums/amusement parks/public arenas, airports and transportation hubs, petroleum/chemical/electric grids, and nuclear and chemical installations, among other state and private security bodies.
- North America, followed by Asia-Pacific, captured over 60% of the overall counter-drone demand in 2022. Growing geopolitical unrest along the borders of Asian countries will favor the proliferation of the counter-drones market in the Asia Pacific market.
- The key counter-drones market players analyzed in this report include Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd., Dedrone Inc, D-Fend Solutions AD Ltd, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Raytheon Technologies Corp., Leonardo SpA, Lockheed Martin Corp., Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd, CACI International Inc, and Northrop Grumman Corp., among others.
Get a free sample report for unlocking additional counter-drones market dynamics
Global Counter-drones Market Segments and Scope
Global Counter-drones Market Technology Outlook (Revenue, $Million, 2021-2026)
- Radio frequency
Global Counter-drones Market Application Outlook (Revenue, $Million, 2021-2026)
- Detection & tracking
Global Counter-drones Market End-user Outlook (Revenue, $Million, 2021-2026)
Global Counter-drones Market Platform Outlook (Revenue, $Million, 2021-2026)
Global Counter-drones Market Regional Outlook (Revenue, $Million, 2021-2026)
- North America
- The US
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The UK
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South and Central America
- Rest of South and Central America
- Middle East and Africa
- The UAE
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
For segment-specific insights and detailed scope coverage, buy report sample now!
- Counter-Unmanned Aerial System (C-UAS) in Aerospace and Defense – Thematic Research
- Drones (Unmanned Aircraft Vehicles) for Maritime Operation – Thematic Research
- Innovations in Defense – Report Bundle
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on us for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
Media Contacts GlobalData Mark Jephcott Head of PR EMEA email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)207 936 6400
Reportedtimes, PR-Wirein, Extended Distribution, iCN Internal Distribution, Research Newswire, English