Tablets are the perfect devices to use when it comes to a person who loves using laptops but wants a smaller gadget in their hands. Tablets have all the features of a smartphone as well as laptops which makes them very convenient for different jobs. They are mini-laptops with incredible hardware and software features. With the continuous evolution of tablet technology, there is a chance that laptops might become completely obsolete.
There are many options for tablets in the market. One of the best manufacturers of tablets is Samsung. They have a wide range of product options available. Most people like to upgrade their tablets once every two or three years. So what happens to the old ones? Most of them are sold to second hand shops if they are in proper working conditions.
Once you are about to sell your Samsung tablet many questions may come into mind. The most pressing one is this: what happens to all the data inside the Samsung tablet? The answer is factory reset. The basic procedure of each factory reset is similar in all the different models of tablets. Following is a very simple procedure:
Factory Resetting a Working Samsung Tablet:
- Go to settings.
- Select General Management option from the settings menu.
- Select “Reset”.
- Or skip both step 1 and 2 by searching on the top bar. Type “Factory Data Reset”. “Now select Reset”.
- The system will ask for your password.
- Enter the password.
- In some tablets, account details are inquired. Enter all the details in the required fields for all the accounts synced with the device.
- At the end, the system will ask if you want to “Delete All”. Tap that option.
- Wait for a few minutes, the system will take some time to delete everything.
- After the process is complete, your phone will restart, and all the previous settings and content on the phone is removed.
Also Read: How to update Samsung Smart TV?
Take note of the following tips and tricks when performing factory reset on a Samsung tablet:
- Shift all the important data from your tablet beforehand. Do not forget that once the data is removed from your tablet, it is lost forever. You can never retrieve it.
- Once the phone restarts after “Factory Data Reset”, you are asked to perform the initial setup once again. Be prepared for this purpose. Enter new or different account details.
- Google information is required in most tablets for the purpose of restarting and resetting the phone. Enter those details as well.
- Once again, do not forget that once you select the reset option, it will take some time for the phone to restart. There is no need to panic, have some patience because the tablet will start to work once again.
Factory Resetting a Non-Working Samsung Tablet:
In some cases, the Samsung tablet is no longer powered on but you need to perform factory resetting on the device. In such a scenario, the action is performed easily by following the described procedure below:
- Reconfirm that the device is not open.
- Press the volume (up and down) and power button on your tablet.
- Keep pressing these buttons as long as the Android Recovery Screen pops up. This can take up to 15 to 20 seconds for this to happen.
- Release both the buttons once the screen appears.
- The screen will show a “Installing Update” sign. The screen will become blue in color.
- Next a “No Command” message will pop up on the screen of tablet.
- Perform no action, wait for the Recovery Option to show up.
- After sometime, a black screen will appear. All the text on the screen will most likely be blue.
- A lot of options are present on the screen.
- You can navigate through the options easily by using the volume up and down button.
- Select the one that says “Wipe Data”. In some models of the tablet, there will be option of “Factory Reset” on your screen. Both mean the same thing. Select this option.
- A question pops up alerting you that once you wipe all the user data it won’t be recovered and is lost forever.
- Select “Yes” through the volume keys.
- In the next screen, you will be asked for a few more options. Select “Reboot System Now”.
- The whole rebooting system will take a few minutes. Wait for the whole process to occur for a few minutes.
Once you perform the factory reset in this way, the tablet will completely override the previous data on the device. When the device restarts, all the memory is wiped away. You will have to enter the complete details of your account again. Samsung asks you the details about your Samsung ID especially when the tablet is reset while it is powered off.
Soft version of Factory Resetting on a Samsung Tablet:
In case you do not wish to delete all your data, but want to restore your phone to the original settings, it is best to perform a soft version of factory resetting. This version comes in handy because there are no serious consequences attached with performing this kind of factory resetting. The procedure is quite simple and is as follows:
- Press the volume button and the power button at the same time.
- A black screen will show up.
- Once again you can navigate the options through volume keys.
- Select the option to reboot the tablet manually.
- Wait for the tablet to restart once again.
It is vital to remember that the soft version of factory setting on a Samsung tablet should be performed only when the device is frozen. It is efficient in scenarios where the tablet gets stuck in a function and does not respond to normal commands. The process is simple and can help you resolve your “getting stuck” issues immediately. The steps are simple and easy to follow as well.
Also Read: How to Hide Apps on Samsung Devices
The process of performing factory resetting on a Samsung is simple and straightforward. Above mentioned steps are easily understandable. Any layman is able to follow them in the blink of an eye. It is absolutely vital to perform factory settings to your Samsung tablet if you are about to sell the tablet or even hand it down a loved one in your own home. Otherwise, your data becomes dangerous and can be manipulated if it falls into the hands of the wrong person.
Moreover, the efficiency of your device is improved as well because all the irrelevant is gone from your tablet. If there are no major issues in the device, chances are, your tablet is good as new once you perform the factory resetting to it.
The soft resetting option in the tablets adds up to the perks of your device. It is easy to use and prevents your time from being wasted in glitches and slow downs. Just remember to have a Samsung account at the end of the whole process. Once your phone is rebooted and the details are prompted, you can easily provide them. In the event that you fail to do so, your device may become completely useless.