The infrastructure market worth was valued at $4.6 trillion in 2021. Infrastructure construction, which includes roads, railways, power and electricity, water and sewerage, and other infrastructure (which mainly comprises airports and ports), has been bolstered by rising government efforts worldwide to invest in projects to generate economic growth momentum.
For more insights on the infrastructure market forecasts, read our free sample report
Infrastructure Market FAQs
- What was the infrastructure market size in 2021?
The infrastructure market size was valued at $4.6 trillion in 2021.
- What are the key regions in the infrastructure market?
The key regions in the infrastructure market are North-East Asia, South Asia, Western Europe, North America, South-East Asia, Eastern Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Latin America, Australasia, and Sub-saharan Africa.
- Which country dominated the infrastructure market in 2021?
China dominated the infrastructure market in 2021.
- What are the main sectors of the infrastructure market?
The key sectors in the infrastructure market are railways, roads, electricity and power, water and sewage, and airports and other infrastructure.
- Which sector dominated the infrastructure market?
The roads sector dominated the infrastructure market in 2021.
For more queries on the infrastructure market, view our sample report copy
Infrastructure Market Highlights
- At the sector level, global infrastructure spending will continue to be dominated by roads and electricity and power sectors. In terms of infrastructure spending growth, the rail sector will register the fastest growth rate, expanding at an annual average of 6.8% in 2022-2026, with numerous high-value projects being pushed ahead.
- In terms of regions, China emerged as the leader in 2021. The growth can be mainly attributed to the heavy investments by the Chinese government in infrastructure development to drive the economy and counter the impact of faltering real estate sectors. China is also investing in power projects. According to China’s National Energy Administration (NEA), investment in major energy projects increased by 15.9% YoY in the first half of 2022.
Get a free report sample for exclusive sector-wise and regional insights
Infrastructure Market Scope
Infrastructure Construction Projects Market Sectors Outlook (Value, $trillion, 2016-2026)
- Electricity & Power
- Water and Sewerage
- Airports and Other Infrastructure
Infrastructure Construction Projects Market Regions Outlook (Value, $trillion, 2016-2026)
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- North America
- North-East Asia ex-China
- South Asia
- South-East Asia
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Looking for more specific report coverage? Get in touch with our analysts right here!
- Western Europe Infrastructure Construction Market Size, Trends and Analysis by Key Countries, Sector (Railway, Roads, Water and Sewage, Electricity and Power, Others), and Segment Forecast, 2021-2026
- Eastern Europe Infrastructure Construction Market Size, Trends, Analysis and Forecasts By Key Countries, Sector (Railway, Roads, Water and Sewage, Electricity and power, Others), and Segment 2021-2026
- South Asia Infrastructure Construction Market Size, Trends, Analysis and Forecasts By Key Countries (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka), Sector (Railway, Roads, Water and Sewage, Electricity and power, Others), and Segment 2021-2026
- Latin America Infrastructure Construction Market Size, Trends, Analysis and Forecasts By Key Countries, Sector (Railway, Roads, Water and Sewage, Electricity and power, Others), and Segment 2021-2026
- Sub-Saharan Africa Infrastructure Construction Market Size, Trends and Analysis by Key Countries, Sector (Railway, Roads, Water and Sewage, Electricity and Power, Others), and Segment Forecast, 2021-2026
Table of Contents
- Sector Overviews
2.3 Electricity and Power
2.4 Water and Sewerage
2.5 Airports and Other Infrastructure
- Project Pipelines
3.1 All Infrastructure Projects
3.2 Railway Projects
3.3 Road Projects
3.4 Electricity and Power Projects
3.5 Water and Sewerage Projects
3.6 Airports Projects
3.7 Marine and Inland Water Projects
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on us for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
GlobalData Mark Jephcott Head of PR EMEA email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)207 936 6400
Reportedtimes, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English