The growing prevalence of bipolar disorder is a significant factor influencing market demand.
Market Size – USD 103.9 Million in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 2.3%, Market Trends – Growing geriatric population
The global lithium therapy market is expected to reach USD 128.6 Million by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Lithium Therapy is used as an antipsychotic drug for treating bipolar disorder. Sometimes, it may be utilized in other disorders to supplement an antidepressant that is unable to treat depression effectively.
The growing prevalence of bipolar disorder is a significant factor in influencing the market growth. Bipolar disorder is a neurobiological disorder of the brain that currently impacts nearly 2.3 million people in the U.S. or about 1.0% of the total U.S. population. Suicide is the foremost reason for premature death amongst people who have bipolar disorder, with 15.0% to 17.0% committing suicide, owing to negative symptoms that arise from an untreated illness. Individuals who have bipolar disorder were over 25 times more likely to experience panic disorder and around ten times more likely to experience obsessive-compulsive disorder as compared to people in the general population with the condition.
The growing geriatric population is likely to boost the market demand in the forecast period. According to a study, bipolar disorder exists in 6.0% of geriatric outpatient appointments, 8.0%–10.0% of geriatric inpatient admissions, 3.0% of geriatric people admitted in nursing homes, and 17% of geriatric patients referred to psychiatric emergency departments. Hence, the worldwide rise in the aging population will be directly proportional to the number of older adults with the condition.
Leading companies operating in the market and profiled in the report include:
Pfizer, Alkem, Sun Pharma, Apotek Corp., Glenmark Generics, Intas, Taurus Labs, GlaxoSmithKline, Noven Pharmaceuticals, and Cardinal Health, among others.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2586
Further key findings from the report suggest
- By dosage form, capsules contributed to the largest market share in 2018 and is likely to grow at a rate of 2.1% in the forecast period. Capsules are taken through the oral route of administration and are available in dosage including 150 mg, 300 mg, and 450 mg.
- By product type, branded product dominated the market in 2018. A branded product is produced by a renowned manufacturer and has the manufacturer’s label on it, for instance, Eskalith and Lithobid, among others.
- By distribution channel, hospital & clinic pharmacies contributed to the largest market share in 2018 and is likely to grow at a rate of 2.0% in the forecast period. The factors including higher purchasing power, the existence of highly skilled healthcare professionals, and improved health coverage for hospital-based healthcare services from several private and group insurance plans, among others, are responsible for the high market share of hospitals.
- The market in the Asia Pacific region is estimated to witness the fastest growth rate of 3.5% in the forecast period, due to the improving healthcare infrastructure, rising investments, and better reimbursement scenario.
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/2586
Dominant key players in the market are adopting various strategies like mergers and acquisition, partnerships, collaborations, joint ventures and product launches to gain a robust footing in the market. Growing demand for various medical products, increasing adoption of home-care settings, point-of-care diagnosis, high demand for vaccines and medication for controlling COVID-19 is expected to benefit the key companies throughout the forecast period.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/lithium-therapy-market
Global Lithium Therapy Market Segmentation:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
Dosage Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Tablet, Extended Release
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Hospital & Clinic Pharmacies
- Online-Retail Pharmacies
- Offline-Retail Pharmacies
The global Lithium Therapy market is broadly divided into 5 major regions, viz. North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2586
Thank you reading our reading. Kindly note that we also offer customized report as per client’s requirement. Feel free to contact us to know more about the customization feature and get your customized report.
Read More Related Reports:-
Browse More Reports:
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370