Market Size – USD 6.71 billion in 2019, Market Growth – CAGR of 15.9 %, Market Trends– Advancements in NGS platform and improved regulations for NGS diagnostic tests
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global next generation sequencing market was valued at USD 5,793.4 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 22.16 billion by the year 2027, at a CAGR of 15.9%. Next-generation sequencing non-Sanger based high throughput method of sequencing. Entire next generation sequencing methodology engages a wide range of reagents, kits, equipment, software and tools for the pieces of its entire workflow that includes sample preparation, library preparation & amplification, sequencing, and analysis. Due to the constant innovations in the NGS technologies, there has been a significant decline in the sequencing costs, complexity and turnaround time. Horizons of the NGS applications is expanding, which in turn offers ample opportunities to emerging as well the existing market players. Illumina, ThermoFisher Scientific, Pacific biosciences, and Oxford Nanopore Technologies are among key innovators of next generation sequencing technologies. Based on the application, individual technologies are conquering the NGS markets across the globe.
To receive a sample copy of the global NGS Sample Preparation Market report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-summary-form/3987
Illumina’s SBS technology remains the top choice of the researchers across the globe, considering the reducing costs and high precision. Clinical Diagnostic applications of NGS is dominated by ThermoFisher’s semiconductor NGS technology owing it to its less turnaround time. Pacific Biosciences’ long read sequencing technology is paving its success path for the de-novo sequencing applications. Oxford Nanopore remains a key innovator with its long read, portable, real-time sequencing offerings. Despite differences in the technological basis of individual companies, the market players in NGS products & services are focused on providing low cost, efficient, reliable, user friendly, compact and accurate sequencing experience to their customers. Furthermore, bioinformatics tools plays a vital role in the advancement of NGS workflow and analysis, and continues to register significant growth in the global market. Also, NGS services holds more than one fourth of the revenue generated in the global next generation sequencing market and is fragmented in nature, unlike NGS products market.
Top Companies Profiled in the Report Include:
Illumina Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, QIAGEN N.V., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Pacific Biosciences of California, Biomatters Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Congenica Ltd., DNASTAR, Eurofins Scientific, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Foundation Medicine, Genomatix GmbH, Macrogen, Myriad Genetics, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Partek Incorporated, Perkin Elmer, and PierianDx.
Further key findings from the report suggest :
- NGS platforms segment is expected to grow with a CAGR of 14.7% during the forecast period. Consumables remains the chief revenue generating segment in global next generation sequencing market
- Diagnosis of complex diseases, whole-genome sequencing, analysis of epigenetic modifications, mitochondrial sequencing, transcriptome sequencing, and exome sequencing, are among the key applications of NGS contributing to the market growth
- The volume of data generated from sequencing has significantly increased as a result of wide scale use of next generation sequencing. Consequently, the demand for NGS data analysis & data management tools & software is on surge
- RNA-Seq through next generation sequencing allows profiling of the entire transcriptome, including the coding and non-coding regions; and facilitates gene identification, provides information on their relative abundance, identification of novel transcripts, detection of other genetic variation
- Reduced costs and increased reliability of underlying NGS technologies has allowed next generation sequencing to flourish for research applications as well as healthcare applications such as clinical development, and clinical diagnostics
- North America remains the key revenue generating geographical segment in next generation sequencing market. The geographical segment accounted for USD 1.88 billion in 2019. Availability of research funds from public as well as private sources, availability of state-of-art technologies, presence of key market players in the region, favorable reimbursements for NGS based diagnostics, rising focus on precision medicine, and rising awareness about NGS applications, are among the key factors driving the market growth for next generation sequencing in this region
Major Highlights of the NGS Sample Preparation Market Report:
- On the basis of product type, the reagents & consumables segment is expected to account for significant revenue share during the forecast period owing to increase in NGS-based testing and availability of advanced and effective reagents, and precise tips and pipettes.
- Based on workflow, the library preparation segment is projected to account for relatively large revenue share during the forecast period owing to growing research and technological developments in NGS procedures for library preparation along with availability of a wide range of products.
- In context to technology, the Sequencing by Synthesis (SBS) segment is expected to emerge as the highest revenue contributing segment as this technology provides instant, precise DNA analysis, and whole-genome sequencing in a matter of hours.
- Based on application, the disease diagnostic segment is projected to account for high revenue growth during the forecast period, attributable to increasing prevalence of infectious diseases and cancer cases globally and existence of well-established market players who are investing to develop more efficient NGS products.
- Europe is expected to account for a significantly steady revenue growth rate between 2021 and 2028 due to increasing incidence of cancer, favorable reimbursement policies, and technological developments in NGS.
- Latin America is projected to account for steady revenue growth during the forecast period. Factors such as rising investments by key players and initiatives by governments are supporting market growth.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Next Generation Sequencing market on the basis of product and service, technology, application, end user and region:
Based On Product Type (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 – 2028)
- Reagents & Consumables
Based On Workflow (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 – 2028)
- Reagents & Consumables
- Library Preparation
- Human Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS)
- Targeted Sequencing
- Whole Exome Sequencing (WES)
- Gene Expression Analysis
- Whole Transcriptome Sequencing
- Target Enrichment
- Targeted Seq
- Quality Control
Based On Technology (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 – 2028)
- Sequencing by Synthesis (SBS)
- Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
- Single-molecule Real-time (SMRT) Sequencing
- Nanopore Sequencing
- Other Technologies
Based On Application (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 – 2028)
- Disease Diagnostics
- Cancer Diagnostics
- Reproductive Health Diagnostics
- Infectious Disease Diagnostics
- Other Disease Diagnostic Applications
- Drug Discovery
- Agricultural and Animal Research
- Other Applications
Based On End Use (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 – 2028)
- Academic Institutes and Research Centers
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Key Regional Markets Studied in the Report:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, France, Rest of EU)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- The Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Have A Look For Related Reports:
In-Vitro Toxicology/Toxicity Testing Market – https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/553946797/in-vitro-toxicology-toxicity-testing-market-trends-size-segment-and-industry-growth-by-forecast-to-2027
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Market – https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/non-small-cell-lung-cancer-market-company-profiles-and-key-players-analysis-by-2028-reports-and-data
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Market – https://www.biospace.com/article/non-small-cell-lung-cancer-market-to-reach-usd-11-87-billion-by-2028-reports-and-data/
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Read Full Press Release NGS Sample Preparation Market report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/ngs-sample-preparation-market
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370