The total addressable market for marine scrubber technology market is projected to reach USD 1,2071.5 million by 2027, according to QuantAlign Research. There are a few methods available to the shipping sector to comply with the IMO 2020 requirement to reduce SOx emissions. To lessen the output of SOx, it can switch to a compliant fuel with less sulphur, an alternative fuel (such LNG or methanol), or clean its exhaust emissions using “scrubber” technology.
MDO and MGO, which are low-sulfur fuels, are more expensive than heavy fuel oil (HFO). As a result, different low-cost techniques for cleaning exhaust gas have been developed to reduce SOX emissions. Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems (EGCS), also known as scrubbers, are used to remove dangerous substances like sulphur oxides (SOx) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) from the exhaust gases produced as a result of combustion processes in marine engines.
- The marine scrubber technology market is classified on the basis of technology, vessel type, fuel, Alkali, End Use. In a growing number of ports the use of open-loop scrubbers is banned and vessels are required to run a closed loop system.
- The majority of the most recent contracts are for bulk and chemical/oil transport vessels. The most common scrubbers are open-loop models. Closed-loop or hybrid systems are needed for vessels operating in restricted locations where wash water discharge to the sea is allowed.
- Magnesium oxide may be used as SOx absorbent in vessel scrubbers designed to handle MgO powders. Such systems offer several advantages over scrubbers utilizing caustic soda (NaOH) or hydrated lime (Ca(OH)2).
- Magnesium hydroxide (Mg(OH)2) is better known to add to the scrubbing (sea)water in order to maintain the alkalinity and subsequently the scrubbing capability of the scrubber (sea)water in a closed scrubber liquid loop rather than caustic soda
Browse complete report with TOC: “Marine Scrubber Market Report”
Key questions Answered in the report:
- What is the current total market, and projected revenue for the marine scrubber market from 2020 to 2030?
The total addressable market for marine scrubber technology market is projected to reach USD 1,2071.5 million by 2027
- Who are the major players in the marine scrubber market market?
Some of the major players operating in the marine scrubber market include Wartsila, Alfa Laval, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Valmet Pty Ltd. Kwangsung Co. Ltd., Yara International ASA, Hamon Research-Cottrell, Inc., DuPont, Clean Marine AS, are among others
- What are the major opportunities across value chain?
- What shares do the major regional markets occupy?
- On what basis is the market segmented?
- How has the marine scrubber performed, and what are its key drivers?
- What is the degree of competition in the marine scrubber market?
- What are the key strategies adopted by the players operating in the market?
The report examines and provides an extensive overview of the marine scrubber market. The report identifies key industry trends, and covers marine scrubber market landscape in the regions. The report builds a short- and long-term forecast model covering the period between 2020 to 2027.
For enquires related to the market research report, Contact:
US: +1-716-218-9921 / UK: +44-20-3239-1434
QuantAlign Research is a market research and consulting company that provides high quality research insights, which help our clients in making well-informed decisions.
Our research team has extensive experience in market research and consulting services. Our analysts keep close tabs on market trends to develop strategies for our clients to stay ahead and adapt to changing market conditions.
QuantAlign Research provides syndicated and customized research reports in various industry verticals, which include chemical &material, automotive& transportation, energy & power, information and communication, electrical &electronics, healthcare& biotechnology, and FMCG.
The full portfolio of reports available from QuantAlign can be found at: