The report suggests that the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% between 2021-2031
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) to Propylene Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the global PDH to propylene market was valued at $10.31 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach $22.72 billion by 2031, growing at a staggering CAGR of 9.2%.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for propylene:
- Increasing regulations to promote the use of lightweight materials
- Rising demand for polypropylene in food packaging over other plastics
The detailed study is a compilation of 162 market data tables and 21 figures spread over 250 pages.
Check out the detailed table of content here:
Analyst’s Take on the Market Projection
According to Sachin Singh, Lead Analyst, BIS Research, “Propane dehydrogenation (PDH) is one of the most efficient technologies used in the production of propylene. The increased gap between propylene demand and supply on the back of increased demand for propylene derivatives from the end users and limited production of propylene as a by-product in ethylene production is expected to bolster the demand for PDH to propylene in the long run. Various PDH to propylene players are expanding their production capacities to cater to the increasing demand from end users and achieve a competitive edge.”
Request a FREE sample of this report here:
Major Existing Industry Leaders in the Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) to Propylene Market
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on input gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration. Some of the established names in the market are:
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Borealis AG
- Oriental Energy Co. Ltd.
- Ascend Performance Materials
- BASF SE
- INEOS Group Limited
- GAIL (India) Limited
- Jinneng Science and Technology Company Limited
- Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Dow Chemical Company
- Koch Industries, Inc.
Recent Developments in the Global Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) to Propylene Market
- In March 2022, KBR and ExxonMobil Catalysts and Licensing collaborated on the advancements of propane dehydrogenation (PDH) technology. Under the collaboration, ExxonMobil’s proprietary catalyst technology would be combined with KBR’s proprietary K-PRO PDH technology to convert propane into propylene.
- In January 2022, Hyosung Chemical started the production of propylene by PDH technology for the production of polypropylene units. Before the start-up of this plant, the polypropylene units were dependent on imported propylene.
- In December 2021, GAIL (India) Ltd. announced to start its propane dehydrogenation (PDH) facility and polypropylene (PP) plant in Usar, Maharashtra, by 2024.
Want to learn more about the latest trends in high-performance plastics? Speak to our analysts
Exclusive Deeptech M-A-P™ in Advance Materials by BIS Research:
High-Performance Plastic Additives Market
PP Compound Market for Automotive Industry
About BIS Research:
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on deep technology and related emerging trends which can disrupt the market dynamics in the near future. We publish more than 200 market intelligence studies annually that focus on several deep technology verticals.
Our strategic market analysis emphasizes on market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
BIS Research offers syndicate as well as custom studies and expert consultations to firms, providing them with specific and actionable insights on novel technology markets, business models, and competitive landscapes.
Head of Marketing
BIS Research Inc.
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 313,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
Visit our Blog @ https://bisresearch.com/news
Get Expert Insights @ https://community.insightmonk.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ https://www.linkedin.com/company/bis-research
Connect with us on Twitter@ https://twitter.com/BISResearch
Reportedtimes, Extended Distribution, iCN Internal Distribution, Research Newswire, English