MacBook is a device loaded with multiple advanced applications and hundreds of creative options for users. But, when it comes to screen recording with the sound, things can become a little complicated. You may want to record the screen for tutorials or maybe just record the screen of your game. But you will quickly discover that MacBook does not allow its users to record the system’s screen and sound simultaneously. If you are wondering why then the simple answer is: for security purposes.
You can work your way around everything in life. Similarly, people have come up with many different methods to accomplish this task. If you are one of those people looking to record the screen and the sound at the same time on a MacBook, then you have landed at the right place! In this blog, we will cover all the different methods to accomplish this task without much hassle.
Here are two top suggestions to screen record with sound simultaneously on MacBook:
Also Read: How to Take a Screenshot on a MacBook?
This is one of the best applications out there for the purpose of screen recording with sound. It runs smoothly with macOS. Not only is ScreenFlick the perfect screen recorder, it also comprises rich features. The resolution with which the screen is recorded is very high and creates high-end videos. Moreover, different types of audios such as system and microphone audio are captured through ScreenFlick.
Apart from the screen and sound, you can add your watermark logo to the video with ScreenFlick. The process of exporting with ScreenFlick is also very simple and does not require any additional steps. It can record a screen within a screen through the camera. Don’t want to include mouse click or keyboard presses on the screen? No problem! This application allows you to remove both of these from the screen recorder.
How to Use ScreenFlick?
Now that you are aware of this application, it is time to understand the basic process of using ScreenFlick. For that, obviously, you need to install the application on your MacBook first. Once you are done with the installation, it is time to start using it. Here is how:
- Open the ScreenFlick application.
- A menu screen will pop up, allowing you to choose from a wide variety of options.
- Choose the capture rate.
- Select whether you want to record audio from the microphone or system audio.
- Either select or un-select the option of recording with a camera.
- It is now time to select the screen or portion of the screen which you wish to record.
- Click with the right mouse and drag the selection around the area or screen you wish to cover. A rectangle will form around it.
- You can fix the ratio aspect of the rectangle to fix its size. Or use handles to change its size.
- Press the record button present at the bottom of the popup.
- Once the recording starts, you can stop, resume, or pause anytime through different keys on your keyboard.
- Another way to pause, resume or stop the recording through a drop-down bar present on the top.
- After you stop recording, you can easily export the video. The video is exported in different formats such as mp4, mov, and many more.
- Before exporting, you can make different changes to the videos. For example, you can remove the mouse clicks or add a picture within the picture to your video.
By following these simple steps, you can easily record your screen, up to the mark. The quality of the recording is very high. You can use this video and post it on places such as YouTube and other social platforms.
ScreenFlick is one of the best applications out there that offers the best features for screen recording and sound simultaneously. It lets you record the screen in high resolution and at a high frame rate, making the screen’s quality stand out amongst all others. By setting the frame rate very slow, you can turn the video into a time-lapse. Using this app, you can record sounds from other applications running on the OS, such as games and movies. With multiple options for exporting purposes, you can easily save the video any place you want.
This is an in-built application present on every MacBook. If you are a user of macOS, you will be very well aware of this application. Here is how you can use this application to record screens and make videos:
- Open QuickTimePlayer.
- At the top bar, you will see the File button.
- When you click on it, a drop-down will open up.
- Select New Screen Recording from the menu bar.
- Click on the Record button in the button.
- Select the area that you want to record. If you want to record a portion of the whole screen, you can choose accordingly.
- Click the Stop button once you are done recording the screen.
- Either share the video directly on YouTube, save it on your device, or even make it a part of iMovie.
Even though it is easy to use and already installed on your computer, some features are missing in this kind of screen recorder. This application cannot record the sounds of a game you are playing or the movie you are watching for starters. There is no doubt that it records the sounds from the microphone, but it is not enough in most cases. When you want to record the sound of the application running on the screen, you want everything to be covered.
Furthermore, the recorded video does not have the same quality. It is more than likely that your video’s resolution may reduce by a lot making the video unpleasant to look at. This is because the recorded video starts to lag and looks patched up. You must be thinking that the file size of QuickTimePlayer must be very small because of this. Still, unfortunately, it is not the case. Despite having poor quality, the file size saved from QuickTimePlayer is very huge. They create a very poor impact on the overall hardware of your MacBook and on the RAM as well. To worsen the situation, the app does not really highlight the clicks and buttons pressed. Sure, in many cases, you may not want the clicks or keys shown on the screen anyways, but when it comes to tutorials, clicks need to be shown, and keys must be visible. Some people may argue that QuickTimePlayer does display all that. Still, it is for a very short period and sometimes even blurry. Since you cannot set the framerate, fancy videos like speedups or time-lapses are impossible to create with QuickTimePlayer.
Also Read: How to Track Changes in Google Docs
It really is true that you can find a way around every problem. When it comes to recording screen and sound simultaneously on MacBook, there are multiple options available. QuickTimePlayer and ScreenFlick are two of the most popular apps for screen and sound recording on MacBook. One of the best things about both of these applications is that children can easily use them and accomplish their screen recording immediately.