Improving your home’s landscape is one of the best ways to increase its value while improving its aesthetics. But before you start researching landscaping financing options, you should know what trends are increasing in popularity for 2023.
Now that more people are aware of the devastation invasive plants can do to ecosystems, planting native foliage is becoming one of the best trends we’ve seen.
While not the favorite trend for those who are allergic, bee-friendly flowers in your yard can help attract pollinators, restoring bee colonies and making your landscape a beautiful scene full of life and function.
More natural materials
Using more natural materials like wood, stone, and plants native to your area will help create a more natural look in your landscape. Use solar path lights or LED light fixtures to achieve this look.
This trend is about using plants in tall, vertical containers to create a beautiful, lush garden that’s easy to maintain that doesn’t take up too much space.
Creating a green infrastructure in your landscape means incorporating features like rain gardens and bioswales to help buffer your environment from pollutants and stormwater runoff.
Integrated lighting is becoming increasingly popular for landscapes because it helps add a touch of luxury while reducing energy costs.
If you have specific design goals in mind for your landscaping, you can work with a professional to create a unique look that meets your needs. Funding for home improvements and landscaping is also on the rise, making it easy to get a personal loan for that one-of-a-kind, Pinterest-worthy landscape you’ve always dreamt of.
The more you can shut out the world with your landscape design, the better. Beginning in 2020, with COVID-19 lockdowns forcing many to stay home, “maximalist” looks are still gaining popularity with homeowners who want an oasis away from the everyday. Boldly-colored plants, lush shrubs, and playful decor details are all on the rise.
Tips for improving your landscape this year
- Start small – If you’re just thinking about landscaping your home, start with a small project you can complete in a day or two. This way, you’ll have something to show for your efforts and get some feedback on what works and what doesn’t.
- Think outside the box – Don’t be afraid to try something new when designing your landscape. Whether it’s a unique placement for a tree or flower or using a different type of plant, variety is vital for a beautiful landscape that will last year-round.
- Ask for help – If you don’t know where to start when it comes to landscaping your home, ask around or contact an experienced professional. They can give you tips and help steer you in the right direction.
- Plan for the long term – Use plants and landscape decor pieces that can handle the seasons where you live. For example, consider using perennial plants in colder climates or shrubs that can tolerate partial-to-no shade in hot climates.
- Budget wisely – Don’t forget to consider your landscaping costs when planning your budget. While some projects may be more expensive than others, investing in a beautiful landscape will be worth it in the end.
The bottom line
Landscaping is one of the best ways to improve the appearance and value of your home. While many trends are increasing in popularity for 2023, starting with a small project will help you get a feel for what works and what doesn’t, and asking for help from an experienced professional can be invaluable. Remember, though, that it’s your home and should reflect your tastes, so trust your instincts to design an outdoor space you’re sure to love.
Name: Michael Bertini
Job Title: Consultant
Go Media, CE, ReleaseLive, Google News, Reportedtimes, IPS, iCN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, English